Monday, January 30, 2012

Richard Paul Evans

This last week I had the opportunity to go to a training were the keynote speaker was Richard Paul Evans. I have heard that he is a great author, but I have never read any of his books. I have seen some of the movies made by the books.

There were several things that he shared that were inspiring, but I will share what I thought was most important.

"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"

He gave us 5 things that he wishes he had known growing up.
1-There is a reason you are here!
2-You will never achieve Divinity until you release things that are holding you back from the past. Ask yourself "Who do I need to forgive right now?
3-Do something with your life.
4-You are going to hit road bumps, accept it!
5-Always do things in Love. Love is a choice, you don't fall out of love. We love those whom we serve!

And lastly he gave an example of grapevines that I never knew about. He and his family used to live in Italy and one day while he was on a walk he asked a grape/wine farmer..."You must have really good soil to grow such amazing grapes?" The farmer told him no, the soil needed to be poor in order to have good grapes. The reasoning is that grapes are lazy! They have to work hard to get down to their food source and grow. If they went through good soil the grapes would not be big and flavorful. He likened that to each of us. We need to go through hard things in order to achieve great things. I loved this analogy!!! Such a motivational speaker!

No comments:

Post a Comment