Friday, March 23, 2012

Ashamed

Yesterday I did something I am not proud of...I saw a popular movie that I knew would not uplift me. If you read my last post about the influence of media I am now feeling a lot more sensitive. Some of my friends/family tease me because I cannot handle certain kinds of movies like Lord of the Rings and last night was not an exception.

Why is it that Satan starts out small and then gets more and more into what we are reading or watching. If something makes me feel physically sick, dark, or disgusted why should I participate? Aren't we all here to uplift, edify, and serve one another? That is not what this movie made me feel like. I just had to let that out. I felt so anxious last night I went home and read my scriptures until I felt good. So there you have it, yes I work in a police station, but I can distance myself and don't actually see the crime happening. A movie I actually see!

No comments:

Post a Comment