Sunday, September 9, 2012

Lava Hot Springs

A little while ago I went with some friends to Lava Hot Springs, Idaho.  On the way we stopped at the Brigham City Temple Open house.  That was an amazing experience in itself which I talked about on my other blog.  After we left the temple we drove about another hour north to Lava Hot Springs.  The whole drive there we watched amazing lightening, but knew we would have to set up the tent in a hurry when we arrived to beat the rain.
       
As soon as we arrived we put the tent together super fast.  The minute we had it up it started to poor!  Two of us still need to blow up our air mattresses so we got soaked doing that.  Once we were in the tent we noticed that the rain fly was not installed properly so I sacrificed myself and went out to fix things.  When I got back in the tent the only place we had a big leak was over my bed.  I was pretty tired, so we hung an umbrella over my bed to catch the rain and I zonked out.  When we woke up in the morning there was a puddle underneath all of our mattresses, so we were happy we had brought them.  Luckily I was dry because of the umbrella:D  Needless to say it was supposed to be clear during the day, but rain again at night so we decided to leave early.

First we went out for breakfast, which was so worth it!  I loved the homemade bread and jam that I had in addition to a veggie omelet.  We then went back to camp to pack all the wet stuff up.  Then comes the best part of the day!  We went tubing down the river that runs through town.  It was so fun and we made 4 runs and got exercise.  They only scary part was two of us ran over a kid who had lost his tube.

After tubing we ate lunch and headed over to the hot springs.  LHS is famous because of these springs.  It comes from a natural spring, but they had filtered into man made pools.  It is pretty hot water!  The pool closest to the spring is the hottest and the further you move away the cooler they get.  I imagined that it would be amazing to sit in the pools in the winter time and I am planning to do that one day.

On our way out of town we stopped to eat and drove home in some pretty nasty rainstorms, but the trip was well worth it.  I just wish it could have been longer!  I sure do enjoy weekend trips and think I might just up and leave town one of these weekends by myself!  Until then I can look forward to my next trip in October down to Monticello/Blanding.



No comments:

Post a Comment