Tuesday, October 23, 2012

In her (and my) heart

Normally I wouldn't write about spiritual things on this blog, however this is a half and half post and includes pictures of my niece, hence the personal blog that very few people know about.

So I was reading in Luke 2 today and the phrase "in her heart" stayed with me.  This was in reference to Mary pondering and keeping personal things about her Son in her heart.  This is my way of keeping things in my heart (journaling).  I loved this phrase because for the last few days I have loved getting a taste of being a Mom.  My Sister-in-law and niece, Eleanor, came to visit and I loved every minute, even when she was tired(: 

A lot of my friends and family know I am super sensitive to scents and babies are no exception.  The interesting thing that happened was I found the love for my niece overpower my other senses.  I got less sleep, helped clean up her boogers, helped change diapers, feed her, etc... and I found myself loving the experience.  I understand how Mary pondered things about her child (it probably was a little overwhelming being the Mother of the Savior though).  I honestly don't know how to put this into words, but it made me excited to be a Mom.  I love little E so much and would do anything for her and my siblings.  She has the cutest little personality and I have felt a fraction of what our Heavenly parents feel for us.  So here it is, some pics and best of all some videos!
Sweet Steph, yep we were both tired.


Yep, I know I'm cute!

Funny face


I heart Eleanor<3<3<3


She took this one herself



 

No comments:

Post a Comment