Sunday, August 26, 2012

Party hard!!!

So my birthday is in a couple of days, but I feel like I have been celebrating for the last week.  This is a stark difference from traveling home from my Mother's funeral last year.  Thursday night two dear friends threw me a surprise birthday party.  I have never had a party thrown for me before, let alone a surprise one.  I am not easily surprised, although I love surprises, they got me good though.  I was so embarrassed!  This party featured some of my favorite foods...donuts and chips/salsa.  The next day I went to lunch with a friend and then Saturday I had planned a tea party with some of my closest friends from over the years.  We had some of the best food and I was pleasantly happy that my cookies seemed to be a favorite.  I made homemade wedding mints and thumbprint cheesecake cookies.  I also had some herbal tea and a veggie tray.  It was so fun to see some friends that I haven't seen in awhile and others who are dear to me now.  Then later I went with other friends to a movie and dinner.  Today my family celebrated my birthday with my request (each year we get to request the menu).  We had veggie spring rolls, coconut curry, and fruit pizzas for dessert.  So here are a few pictures from the tea party, not everyone was pictured as some left earlier (sorry Lyndall, Nicolle, Sarah and Michelle)...






Emily, Lara, Misty, Amber, Carol, and Mikaela

No comments:

Post a Comment