Monday, January 21, 2013

Change of life

Back before Christmas I was thinking about New Year's goals I wanted to make.  One in particular had to do with finances.  So I signed up for a Dave Ramsey class but had conflicted feelings because it cost money and I am trying to save it.  Then for New Year's my parent's gave us all his book.  I have loved reading every minute of it!  I haven't finished it yet, but I have made some big changes already.
 
First off I was planning on moving, but didn't for several reasons, but mostly because of the principles in the book.  Second I was going to buy a new couch set the weekend I read this book and decided to wait.  Third I cut up cards.  The biggest change I made was trading in my car for the model below.  The picture is not my car, but is the exact model.  I got a 2006 Hyundai Sonata that was older then my Prius and had more miles on it, but I now owe a lot less and will be able to pay off all my debts a lot quicker.

If you have not read his book you MUST!  He doesn't just make valid points, but these are common sense principles that everyone should be living.  I love this quote..."It is human nature to want it and want it now; it is also a sign of immaturity.  Being willing to delay pleasure for a greater result is a sign of maturity (doesn't this remind you of Elder Uchtdorf's talk about the marshmallows?)."

Best quote: "If you will live like no one else, later you can live like no one else."


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Dave Ramsey and Ryan & I try to live by all his baby steps. Have you ever listened to his show at night on the radio? It's so great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carissa I have listened to some of his pre-recorded stuff, but I haven't listened to the live show yet. I'm not sure when it is on? I am on fire to get going in all the Baby Steps though:)What has been the hardest part for you and Ryan?

    ReplyDelete