Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!!!

I think last night was the first year I didn't go over to my parents at midnight.  Every year I hang out with friends, but seem to find my way back home so that I can bang on pots and blow the conch shell.  I missed it, but it was still an eventful New Year's Eve, well actually most of this holiday season has been eventful.  On Christmas Eve it was just me, parents and grandpa.  I made dinner and cleaned up so Janet wouldn't have to.  We also popped over to visit with the Nielson side of the family.  Christmas morning we all slept later.  My family is still under the impression that I am going to wake them up at the crack of dawn, but I got out to the presents around 9.  Present opening was fun, I had few to open since I mostly got money.  I think my grandpa loved getting socks, LOL!  Some of the presents I gave are still not opened since some of them are the same and I wanted them to wait to open until all the siblings were here.

We also had the paramedics over on Christmas Day since Grandpa wasn't feeling well.  He improved only to have the same thing happen again the day after Christmas (while I listened over the radio at work) and be transported to the hospital.  He was in the hospital Wednesday to Saturday.  Now he is in a temporary care facility enjoying football bowl games and being visited by family.

This past weekend I was supposed to go out of town only to have all my friends cancel.  So we are going this weekend.  So I went on a date to see Les Mis.  Good movie, but darker then I would chose.  I also talked to my Bishop in my family ward and have decided to go back to the singles ward.  I just don't think I do very well if I am not super social!  So this Sunday is my last time teaching the youth.

New Year's Eve I was able to buy a brand new laptop, which I am so excited for since the one I am using is pretty old and the sound is going out.  I also went to a birthday party and a singles bash.  I would have been happy staying at home and watching a movie or reading a book, but it was nice to be social.  The lack of sleep is not good for me, but I am headed to bed soon.  I am also looking forward to my brother and his family coming to town tomorrow and we will get new family pics this week (not excited about this bc I am pretty heavy right now).

The best part of the New Year I have never been excited about...setting goals.  Don't get me wrong, I like setting goals, just on my own time and not when everybody else is doing it.  This year is different for some reason so I have been thinking of some great things to accomplish.  TTFN:)

No comments:

Post a Comment