Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Perfect Date at the Tulip Festival!

This past weekend I went on one of my favorite dates ever. We had been wanting to go to Thanksgiving Point to the Tulip Festival for a couple of weeks and finally made it the last day. You cannot even imagine how beautiful it was, but hopefully my pictures will give you a glimpse. Notice out of of all my pictures there are only 2 that are not flowers. Mark and I both think we are not photogenic people! The proof is in the pudding. One fun thing that isn't pictured is the golf cart we rode in. When we found out that there was 3 miles of trails we were worried about getting through the whole garden by closing time. So Mark splurged and rented a cart (as long as he is driving we are safe). It was well worth it because we made it through just in time and I am pretty sure we froze less since it was in the nippy 50's. Afterwards we grabbed a quick bite to eat and then headed home for a movie. Pretty great night with a really great guy!
Love me some Iris!
You are about to be innundated with Tulips, lol!
I loved the pure white tulips (these are not them, but reminded me of a candy cane).
The only blue flowers I remember and I am gonna guess these are Forget-me-nots, but I'm not sure
Don't know how excited he was of me taking a picture of him taking a picture.
We just planted this is our front yard, but I can't remember the name.
One of my favorite parts...there were gardens within the garden and this was specifically the Secret Garden where we spotted this Momma.
I loved the daffodils equally
There I go again;)
Love the smell of hyacinth's!
They had an amazing scultpture exhibit called "Savior of the World." I took pictures of my favorites.
"I'm on the top of the world looking down on creation," haha. Really we were on top of the huge waterfall(s) with a great view.
Mark and I both liked these black tulips.
River of flowers going down the hill.
I think this is wisteria and I was surprised we didn't see more (maybe it's out of season or doesn't grow well in Utah).
I loved this yellow bush and need to find out the name.
Perfect dusk light even with my not-so-expensive camera.
They went on and on, probably near a million, I'm guessing.
Love streams and especially when there are flowers near it. Someday I want a stream or coy pond in my yard!
I would say this is one of my favorites.
Pointy tulips. I wonder how many varieties of tulip were there?
Wish this was my backyard!
In the children's garden, notice they planted pansy's, they are more durable (or likely to got stomped on by little feet;)
View of the children's area pond filled with fish.
This sign reminded me of my friend, Mikaela, who spent 4 hours telling kids to get off Noah's Ark (it is pretty cool, I would climb on it if I were a kid).
And last but not least, the not-so-photogenic Mindi!

No comments:

Post a Comment