Tuesday, June 5, 2012

First Comes Love

I am finishing reading the book "First Comes Love" which is about dating.  I have loved it so much I need to go buy it.  Here are the topics in each chapter...

1-A lifetime of Preparation
2-Keeping an Eternal Perspective
3-Becoming the Right One
4-Finding the Right Spouse
5-Why Marry in the Temple
6-Chastity and Moral Purity before Marriage
7-Building Strong Relationships through Communication
8-Resolving Relationship Differences
9-Temporal Preparation, Goals, and Plans for Marriage
10-Money Matters in Marriage
11-Preparing for Marital Intimacy
12-Anger-the Great Destroyer of Family Relations
13-The Marriage Triad: You, Your Spouse, and the Savior

My favorite chapters are 2, 5, and 7.  I was going to share some quotes, but there are way too many that I love.  After reading the book I also realized that the top reasons people get divorced are Lack of Communication, Money, Putting Sexual Intimacy at the bottom of the Pyramid instead of the top, and anger.  I have always believed that whatever I want in my future husband I need to improve in myself first and this book was a good reminder!

No comments:

Post a Comment