Thursday, June 28, 2012

Salem Pond

When I was younger my Dad would take my brothers and I to the Salem Pond every once in awhile, mostly when we were down that way visiting family on the farm.  The last time I remember going to the pond I was in a children's parade were we decorated our bikes. 

This time I celebrated a friends birthday party with some amazing food and time on the pond  Don't get me started on the burgers, mint-honey-lime fruit salad, Hawaiian Dutch Oven Cake, and an amazing Pumpkin cake. 

I enjoyed getting out on a sail boat, even without any wind.  Others went out on kayaks and a canoe.  Let's just say I had not been on a boat in a long time and it scared me more then the thought of going skydiving, but it ended up being really enjoyable. 




No comments:

Post a Comment