Monday, July 9, 2012

Finally! First camping of the year!

I have been wanting to go camping FOREVER.  Okay, really just this year.  Who knows why I love it so.  I never get enough sleep,  it ends up being really cold or hot, you have to use a gross bathroom, and you are covered in dirt by the end.  I also like to rough it, so I don't use a mattress, which in turn means a rock and I become best friends overnight.  Yet I love it!  I think I narrowed it down to the top reason I enjoy it.  Togetherness!  I love playing games, talking around the campfire, being in nature, and especially laying in the tent together talking, imagining, and laughing hysterically!  We probably burned at least a thousand calories laughing.  I enjoyed sleeping without a roof to view the stars and Dr. Seuss like shapes.  In the morning we packed up and went to breakfast which is so much better then having to clean up a mess.  Overall I would give my first trip of the summer a 10 out of 10.
Doesn't it look idealic?  Yep, flowers on the table, that's girl camping!

Tent I inherited from my Mom.  Easiest tent to put up ever and fits 6.

Some people did not want to be in the picture, but I got it!

Shorts and flip-flops are the way to camp!

Don't we have cute feet:)  The funny thing is it took 30 minutes to start the fire
 while wildfires were burning everywhere around us. 

Breakfast!  Hats are the way to go the next morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment