Thursday, July 5, 2012

Loaded 4th!

The fourth of July is my favorite holiday of the entire year!  I like it because it is such a family and friend oriented holiday, not to say that Thanksgiving and Christmas are not, but it is more visual since people are mostly outdoors.  I loved seeing families bike, hike, and eat together!  I also love it because I am pretty patriotic:)  So because it is my favorite I crammed it with as many things as I could do in a day.  I don't have time to sit at home!!! 

So here's the play by play:
1-Get up at 6 am and go to the balloon rising
2-Eat breakfast there and then head to the Y
3-Hike the Y at a pace that allows balloon viewing
4-Grab a recharging smoothie and drive to the next hike.
5-Hike Big Springs (2nd time for me in the last month) because my friend thinks it sounds amazing and it is!
6-Refuel with Cafe Rio
7-Change clothes and run to Spanish Fork Reservoir for fun
8-Swim, Canoe, Kayak, and play with kids (this really is a privilege for me since I don't have nieces/nephews around).
9-Run to the store to pick up food for BBQ and change again
10-BBQ and visit
11-Watch all of Orem's fireworks (from a deck that has a view of the whole city) with family
12-Quickly grab a view of the "Stadium of Fire" fireworks
13-Pass out in bed (after 17 hours away from home)

Such an amazing day!  I really wish I could do it all over and would only change one thing.  I am so grateful for America and the freedoms we have! 








No comments:

Post a Comment