Sunday, June 12, 2011

A bit of Earth

As most of you know I love to garden. My roommates used up all the gardening space this year and never asked if I wanted to plant so I felt like Mary from the Secret Garden when all she wanted was a bit of earth. Luckily I have a friend who wanted to share some of the earth with me and needed help too! She had already planted a lot before I could get over, but now we have staggered planting with things coming up at different times.

We are already harvesting radishes, beets, lettuce, onions, basil, thyme, and rosemary. We have also planted beans, potatoes, peas, tomatoes, cucumbers, watermelon, pumpkins, squash, strawberries, rhubarb, currants, and dill. We have never tried watermelon or pumpkins so we are excited to see how those turn out! We also want to share our harvest and invite people over for dinner every so often. I plan on posting pictures every so often to show the progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment