Monday, June 13, 2011

Mountain Run

One of my favorite things about summertime is running in the mountains. I love going up on the Bonneville Shoreline Trail and seeing all the different types of flowers. I even have dogs to run with now for safety. They warn me of snakes, which I see on a regular basis and they also have fun chasing squirrels, rabbits, and deer.

Today I probably saw at least 20 types of flowers, but I didn't take pictures of them all. My favorite is the Segolily because as a child I thought it was cool that my Dad and Grandpa taught me how to eat them like the pioneers. I could at least name the Mountain Shasta, Snapdragon, Phlox, and Indian Paintbrush. I will have to check out a book to figure out the rest.

I love the views from every angle. The grass and brush are really high right now, which in turn makes me run right down the center of the trail to avoid snakes like the one I saw today, which I am pretty sure is NOT a rattlesnake. Regardless of what kind of snake it is they always scare the crap out of me. I also had an Air med Helicopter fly right over me! All in all my 2 hour run in the heat of the day was paradise to me:)













No comments:

Post a Comment