Monday, June 20, 2011

Quack, Quack....Help!!!


This morning on the police radio I heard a call for an officer to help 11 ducklings that had fallen through a sewer grate. Mommy Duck was frantic standing on top of the grate. As silly as it may sound I immediately thought of my Mom and myself. The difference was I placed myself in the mother duck role and ALSO the baby duckling role.

I am pretty sure that everyone who reads this blog knows that my Mom is dying from cancer. IT SUCKS! I am really struggling with it. How does anyone deal with somebody dying? I talked to her a couple of days ago and asked about her recent trial chemo treatment. I am just glad I held it together during the phone call as she told me they packed her hands and feet in ice so her body wouldn't get overheated. I see myself as the mother duck because I am frantic and don't know what to do! I stand around quacking (crying) wishing anyone could help me! I do have faith that things will work out, I believe in Heavenly Father's will, but losing someone is still hard.

I also see myself as one of the ducklings. I am so lucky to have two Mom's who care about me, because right now I feel like they are the ONLY ones who care about me, besides Heavenly Father. I am lonely, at my lowest in life and just can't climb out of the gutter by myself. Is it gonna take a police officer to pull me out of the gutter, lol. Well, I guess my rescuer may be the Savior, but I have a hard time when people are not physically there for me. Quack!

No comments:

Post a Comment