Sunday, July 31, 2011

Starving

Many of you know the state my Mom is in. Last night when I called to talk to my Grandma (I haven't talked to my Mom in days because she has been so drugged up), she said I could talk to her. Well my Mom was so drugged up and suffering from the effects of starvation I have never heard her so out of it. It truly made me sad and I prayed for the Lord to take her asap.

I talked to her very briefly because she really didn't understand anything I was saying. When we finished talking I talked to my cousin who has been there helping. Apparently when the nurses said she couldn't not eat anymore a couple of days ago that made my Mom mad. She has been getting angry at my Grandma if she doesn't get food. How would you feel hopped up on extreme pain meds and starving to death?

That really got me thinking last night. What am I starving from? I already miss my Mom for one thing. I am starving from loneliness, but I know a lot of single people do. When I don't read my scriptures or pray I am very much spiritually starving. Today as I fast I may only be starving for a short period of time, but it sure does affect me. What are you starving from in your life? What do we both need to nourish ourselves with? We thrive off of nourishment...physical, mental, love, spiritual. Let me know how I can help nourish you, in turn that will nourish me.My Mom is on the left, her sister in the middle, and their Mom on the right:)

No comments:

Post a Comment